Saturday, October 7
Details for the 4th Annual CALLICOON ARTWORK coming soon. Information shown currently is from last year’s event. Stay tuned!
Fine Art, art making in the park, pop-up galleries, music, video & film projections, retailers, restaurants, fire dancing and more. Click on program image for larger view.
Saturday, October 8–Art and Art Making in the Park
Come out to Callicoon Creek Park and make art! Activities for all ages.
- Thrown pottery demonstration and participation by Ellany Gable and Franco LoPinto. Come make a pinch pot to take home that day!
- Custom boat artisans Joe Freda and Zeke Boyle showcasing their craft
- Henna body painting in the Henna Tent by Linda Bastian and Nancy Mace
- Face painting featuring moustaches of famous art and artists. All mustached faces will be photographed–after the event photos will be posted on Facebook where people can guess the artist or work of art. Makeup by Dorothy Hartz and James Sullivan
- Plein Air (outdoor landscape) painting. Kit Sailer will paint in the park on Saturday and have the painting available for sale on Sunday.
- Interactive Callicoon community collage for children led by Raina Bowers
- Sculptor, Paul Stark, creating and demonstrating how he works
- “What makes a Village”—interactive build a village project by ENGN
- Dan Brinkerhoff will display his latest furniture creations.
- Raina Bowers Fire Dance at close of day–8:00 pm
Saturday / Sunday—Art around Town highlights
- Video and film projections–Saturday evening
- Art blocks created by local artists will be exhibited at Peppino’s and the Callicoon Theater for a silent auction to fund future ARTWALK art supplies
- Scott Klee Clark opening his studio to the public
- Gallery Eva exhibiting seven local artists
- Pop-up galleries featuring group exhibitions of contemporary local artists. Elizabeth Ennis will have a curated show at Lazy Fox New York. Other pop-up galleries include: Callicoon Brewing Co., Riverside Remedies, Western Hotel, Callicoon Trading, Ridgeback Sports, Cafe Adella Dori, The Wine Merchant, Matthew’s on Main, The Clothes Line
- And the new bed & breakfast in town, Nine River Road, will display the work of three artists in their public spaces
Over 70 artists are participating in this year’s event!
Scott Klee Clark
ENGN—Isaac Green Diebboll and Thomas Bosket
Kevin D. Richardson
Art will be displayed in over 40 locations around town!
in Callicoon Creek Park (Saturday only)
Custom boat building
Unique Rustic Furniture Design
Plein Art Painting
What Makes a Village Project
Callicoon Real Estate
Matthew J. Freda Real Estate
Nine River Road
Georgia Chambers Studio & Gallery
in Restaurants & Bars
Café Adella Dori
Callicoon Brewing Co.
Lander’s River Café
Matthew’s on Main
Callicoon Wine Merchant
Lee Hartwell Antiques
Lazy Fox New York
in Shop Windows
Callicoon Antique Center
Ragtime Clothing Exchange
on Buildings (Projections–Saturday only)
Callicoon Brewing Co.
in the Alley (Saturday only)
Between Café Adella Dori & Gallery Eva
in the Studio
1908 School House
on the Platform (Saturday only)
Performance piece at the Train Depot
And there will be music…
Callicoon Artwalk Organizing and Advisory Committees
Raina Bowers, Eva Drizhal, Elizabeth Ennis, Xeth Feinberg, Elise Freda, Claudine Luchsinger, Patsy Moorhead, Alexis Siroc