Saturday, October 7
Art in the Park including Free Art Workshops; Art Displays and Art Demonstrations, Art in Shops & Restaurants, 1st Annual Short Shorts Film Festival, Music, Video & Film Projections, Fire Dance, Puppet Shows, Spin Art and more.
Fun for the whole family!
2017 ArtWalk—Art and Art Making in the Park
Come out to Callicoon Creek Park and make art! Activities for all ages.
12:00 to 5:00pm
Free Art Workshops for the Whole Family*
Sign up today!
12:30 to 2:30pm
- Needle Felting with Carla & Raven Strozzieri
- Outdoor Landscape Painting (Plein Air) with Kit Sailer
- Pottery with Ellany Gable and Franco LoPinto
- Take Great Photos with Your Mobile Phone with Patricio Robayo
- Watercolor Painting with Donna Greenthall
3:00 to 5:00pm
- Beginners Origami with Joanna Hartell
- Expressive Drawing with Thomas Bosket
- Felt Flower Making with Raina Bowers
- Personality Collage with Erica Hart
- Wood Block Printing with Kevin D. Richardson
*This project is made possible in part by the Arts for Sullivan Decentralized Grants Program, a regrant program of the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew Cuomo and the New York State Legislature and administered by the Delaware Valley Arts Alliance.
Sign up today for a Free Art Workshop
Send an email to email@example.com to sign up for a free workshop (include your name and Workshop title in your email). Registration is not required but suggested as space is limited.
Art Displays and Demonstrations
- and Mixed Media Artists
- Poison Love playing on the POISON LOVEmobile stage
- Puppet Shows by Ramona Jan, 1:30 and 2:00pm
- Spin Art with Maureen Detrick for kids of all ages!, 12:00-5:00pm
- Fire Dance by Raina Bowers at 7:30pm
2017 ArtWalk—Art around Town highlights
Stroll around town to see art on display in shops and restaurants.
12:00 to 8:00pm
- 1st Annual Short Shorts Film Festival curated by Elizabeth Ennis and Xeth Feinberg, Part One at 1:00 and Part Two at 2:30pm at the Callicoon Theater featuring films of Rev. Donald James Almquist, Marcus Ramon Brooks, Brian Brown, Claire Coleman, Elizabeth Ennis, Steven Erdman, Xeth Feinberg, Josh Fox, Tessa Hughes-Freeland, James Karpowicz, Michel Negroponte, Joseph P Quirk
- Art on display throughout town in shops & restaurants featuring contemporary local artists
- Wild Turkey Sculpture Park open to the public–Frosty and Debra Myers sculpture garden
- Scott Klee Clark studio open to the public
- Hosanna Littlebird studio open to the public
- Video and film projections in evening
- The Art of Fly Tying ongoing demonstrations with “Catskill John” Bonasera at the Library, 1:30-3:30pm
- New art galleries and more.
ArtWalk 2017—More than 80 Participating Artists
Rev. Donald James Almquist
Anthony N. Biancoviso
“Catskill John” Bonasera
Thomas Bosket (ENGN)
Marcus Ramon Brooks
Scott Klee Clark
Isaac Green Diebboll
M. Henry Jones
Kevin D. Richardson
Art will be displayed throughout town!
in the Alleyway
Callicoon Real Estate
Matthew J. Freda Real Estate
Nine River Road
River Family Wellness
on Buildings (in the evening)
Callicoon Brewing Co.
in Callicoon Creek Park
Free Art Workshops
Art Displays & Demonstrations
The POISON LOVEmobile
Georgia Chambers Studio & Gallery
in the Garden
Wild Turkey Sculpture Park
in Restaurants & Bars
Café Adella Dori
Callicoon Brewing Co.
Matthew’s on Main
Callicoon Wine Merchant
Willow Wisp Farm Store
in Shop Windows
Ragtime Clothing Exchange
in the Studio
1908 School House
5 River Road
in the Theater
Callicoon Theater: Short Shorts Film Festival
And there will be music…
12:00 to 5:00pm on the balcony of 39 Main Street
Callicoon Artwalk Organizing Committee
Raina Bowers, Eva Drizhal, Elizabeth Ennis, Xeth Feinberg, Elise Freda, Claudine Luchsinger, Patty Moorhead, Alexis Siroc